Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post #1

What About EDM310?

I only recently changed my major to the College of Education, I was majoring in Exercise Science, so I haven't heard much talk about these required courses such as EDM 310. The only information and opinions I am aware of is what has already been provided by Dr. Strange and his assistants. I haven't been scared off yet, but I usually try to have faith in myself during the first week of a new course. If I had received troubling feedback about this course I would have disregarded it anyway because I try to maintain an unbiased opinion about everything. On the other hand, If I had gotten positive feedback, I would be excited to learn new things from this course. As of now, the only worries I have about this course are managing my time and not to forget any assignments! Forgetting about things is probably my biggest weakness, but hopefully that can change. Compared to other classes I have taken here at USA this one is by far the most impressive! I was first impressed about the lack of paper work and that all work is through the internet; every professor should go green! I have heard teachers all my life say something like, "Don't waste paper, let's save the trees," but I have never actually seen one do something about it. As stated before, I think my most difficult task in this class will be not to forget an assignment. To prevent that awful mistake from ever happening I plan to leave myself reminders everywhere I look: on my phone's calendar, on the dry-erase board in my room, and in my class notebook.
To conclude, I am still not quite sure what exactly to expect from this class so I'm not very inquisitive about anything yet. I always remind myself to listen closely in class and to have an open mind, and with that being said, if I am unsure about something I will not hesitate to ask for help and get answers!
photo of an alarm on a smartphone

6 comments:

  1. This is a good blog post! Time management will definitely be important in this course. The checklist provided on google docs will be your best friend this semester. Just pay attention to it and what assignments are coming up and you will do great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan,
      Thank you for all your tips! It's been difficult to remember every single important requirement for these posts! But I believe I'm getting the hang of it.
      Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  2. One more thing, the top of your blog says "Test". Be sure and change that to "Shelby Lynn's EDM310 Blog".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelby! After reading your blog post, I think we have very similar emotions about this class. I'm a very forgetful person as well, so I completely understand your fear of missing an assignment or deadline. Hopefully, having reminders in our planners and phones will keep us on track! Time management skills will also be critical in this course. I try to view the checklist at least once a day to make sure I haven't missed anything. I'm not really sure what all to expect from this class either. I will also be asking questions if I am confused about anything. I enjoyed your post, and I wish you the best of luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelby: What website(s) are you using to get images for your blog posts? Kudos for using images - they are so important in out visual information landscape!

    I saw your comment on John Spencer's blog and followed your links here. Good luck in your career, I hope you become and remain a professional educator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wesley,
      Thank you for the kind words about my blog & on becoming an educator! I have recently just been using Google as my search engine and I pick through the suggestions it provides me.

      Delete